Search squid archive

Re: Problem with ACL (disabling download)

On 01/11/10 12:46, Konrado Z wrote:
Hello,

I have encountered a problem with ACL. I want to disable download all
kinds of files for subnet specified except pdf, doc, xls, txt, zip. I
have created officeFile file wich is shown below:

\.[Dd][Oo][Cc]$
\.[Tt][Xx][Tt]$
etc.

but,

acl clients 192.168.56.0/24
acl officeFiles urlpath_regex "/etc/squid/officeFiles"

Using -i makes the pattern non-case-sensitive.
  acl officeFiles urlpath_regex -i \.(doc|txt)$

and

http_access deny clients !officeFiles
http_access allow all #It has to be here because it is the last line
in my config which is associated with other ACLS

doesn't work because clients cannot open even google.com. I have no
idea, how to overcome that problem. How to write this ACL and
http_access to work properly.
Please help.

Please list the exact fill set of patterns you are using. One of them is probably wrong.

You could also match the actual reply mime types. This reply ACL allows some types and denies the rest:

acl webMime rep_mime_type -i text/html image/jpeg image/png image/gif text/css
 http_reply_access deny !webMime

Amos
--
Please be using