Search squid archive

Re: Youtube upload cpu problem

On 23/10/10 19:15, Nyamul Hassan wrote:
But that still does not explain the problem, does it? I find it
strange, coz, can't seen to reproduce in my scenario. Or may be, I am
not looking in the right place.

What do you think Amos?

I'm thinking the problem is that delay pools as implemented in the stable series accounts for data based on the reply bytes going from server to client. Normally this is the bulk of traffic. However with video uploads the balance goes seriously out of whack and one seconds worth of read data could be matched by thousands of times more write data.

Amos

On 2010-10-23, Amos Jeffries<squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 23/10/10 01:50, Marcelo Grassi F. MelgaÃo wrote:
Is there a way to limit upload speed for domain upload.youtube.com in
squid?
Maybe this help to resolve my problem..

Thanks

Not with any of the stable or older releases.

Upload speed delay pools has just been accepted for addition to 3.2
today. It should be in the net 3.2 beta release. The patch can be found
under "Client-side bandwidth limits" in squid-dev. I've no idea if it
will apply to 3.1 cleanly yet.

Amos
--
Please be using