Search squid archive

Re: ANN: stress test tool

Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 20/10/10 01:08, Josip Almasi wrote:
Hi all,

I've just deployed a few squid boxes.
Had an unusual requirement - each box is to handle 1000 connections (not
requests) per second.
Also had some 173 millions urls taken from access logs.

Couldn't find what I needed to test it, so I wrote it.

So if you need to squeeze your squid, here it is:
http://sf.net/projects/spizd

Regards...

ApacheBench and Web Polygraph are the standard tools. There are probably others I'm not aware of too.

Right. However, ab measures number of requests rather than connections, and polygraph is... not exactly easy to use.

Thanks for this one. Added to the profiling FAQ page.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidProfiling

Thanks for adding it. Slight typo though: SPIZD, not SPITZD.

Regards...