Search squid archive

Re: Re: squid client authentication against AD computer account

Hi Manoj,

The only way I see this can work is to use my experimental local proxy to support application which don't support Negotiate authentication. You can find it here http://squidkerbauth.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squidkerbauth/squid_kerberizer/

c:\> client_kerb_auth_sspi.exe -S -s <proxy-fqdn> -d -l evtlog (It will run the client as a Servuce under the machine account.)

It will start a local proxy listening on port 8080 and when connecting to the proxy (on port 3128) it will add Negotiate with the machine ID.

A squid log entry woul look like:

2010/10/03 14:35:45| squid_kerb_auth: Decode 'YIIEqgYJKoZIhvcSAQICAQBuggSZMIIElaADAgEFoQMCAQ6iBwMFAAAAAACjggO/YYI......CY481Crtw+7+9ClxAeVjhI919w==' (decoded length: 1198).
2010/10/03 14:35:45| squid_kerb_auth: AF AA== WINXP$@WIN2003R2.HOME

The id WINXP$@WIN2003R2.HOME can be fed into squid_kerb_ldap like it is a user. ( WINXP$ is the samaccountname of the machine in AD)

Regards
Markus

"Manoj Rajkarnikar" <manoj.rajkarnikar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AANLkTi=1JZ9PahW3PpD9L_KkccmxGwy8SQywy5J4eBCK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Does any of the authentication methods include the computer name in
the authentication tokens?? I can setup any auth method if any of it
supports it. I basically want to authenticate client computers by the
hostname as registered in the AD.

Thanks everyone.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Manoj Rajkarnikar