Search squid archive

Squid Start service & chkconfig error....!

Respected All,

I have complie squid from latest stable version File "squid-3.1.8.tar.gz". using
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid --enable-arp-acl --enable-delay-pools
--enable-linux-netfilter --disable-ident-lookups

When I try to run manualy start using command >>> /usr/localsquid/sbin/squid

Squid run fine and I am able to use It from any web browser using proxy setting
with port 3128.

But when I try to manually start with >>>>>>>  service squid start
[root@proxysrv ~]# service squid start
squid: unrecognized service

I also want to configure it for autostart at startup of server. It give me
following error

[root@proxysrv ~]# chkconfig --add squid
error reading information on service squid: No such file or directory
[root@proxysrv ~]#

Any body can help me to setup squid which is able to start/stop with service
command & also configure for autostart using chkconfig --level 345 on.

Waiting your earliest reply.

Regards,

Asghar