Search squid archive

Re: Problem restarting/stopping squid

On 23/09/10 03:06, Sergio Belkin wrote:
2010/9/16 Amos Jeffries<squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 17/09/10 01:46, Sergio Belkin wrote:

2010/9/16 Peter Albrecht<albrecht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Sergio,

I use squid squid-2.6.STABLE21-3.el5 on CentOS 5.4. The problem is
that squid can't be restarted and "rotate" isnt working, I mean log
rotating is done but I have to start  the service by hand.

I think that I found the cause of problem. Since I was rotating on a
different times each log, only executed "squid -k rotate" when it
rotated the store.log, but it didn't when it made the access.log and
cache log. So I've append
postrotate
       /usr/sbin/squid -k rotate
     endscript

at the end of both access.log and cache.log sections.

Careful that this does not make squid overwrite log data.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2