Search squid archive

Re: Squid redirectors children doesn't shutdown/die with squid

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:31:58 -0500, Jorge Iván Burgos Aguilar
<jorgeburgos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You were right...
> As soon as i add to my script the check for empty line squid can now
> shutdown the redirector childrens...
> ==
>           if ( not line ):
>              EOF = True
>              continue
> ==
> About unbuffered i/o, well i was understanding that we only need the
> stdout to be unbuffered that why i was always flushing the stdout but
> well you seems to got mucho more experience in this field so i was
> just follow you advice ;)
>
> Offtopic questions:
> 1) I see that squid is sending \n (0x0a) to the redirects while not
> doing any job, should i response those querys with another \n (0x0a)
> or just pass it until i see a good argument line.

All helpers MUST respond to every line of input they receive with a single
line of output. Every non-response is a hung client request. They MAY
respond with by shutting themselves down without output if they deem the
input to be corrupt.

Empty lines should not be sent to the url_rewriters. Are you sure this is
not the end-of-line sent by squid for the lines you are reading in?

> 2) Any advice on achieving concurrency in python?

perl spawned foreach into several more recent languages. Python being
newer may have that or some equivalent.

Amos