Search squid archive

Re: Regarding long pauses with Squid3 as a reverse proxy to Exchange 2010 OWA

Paul Freeman wrote:
Apologies in advance for the long posting.  I have tried to provide what I
hope is sufficient information to explain a problem I am experiencing.

Excellent collection of details. Thank you.
I'm going to snip most of them

After reading I have a theory ...

A detailed look at the wireshark trace packets during the lag period will be needed to verify.

The reply HTTP headers coming from Exchange appear to have no Content-Length: header telling Squid how much data is following. This places responsibility for FINishing the connection squarely in Exchanges hands.

What needs checking in wireshark is whether Exchange actually sends that FIN packet following the object data. Unless there is some secret information OWA knows about to close the transaction from its end, there is no way for Squid or OWA to know the end has come. So they wait.

You may find that 3.1.7 fairs better since it advertises 1.1 to Exchange and that may be enough to fool Exchange into handing back some useful information such as the object chunk sizes to Squid. I may be able to provide a source package bundle in a few days for that if you need one.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1