Search squid archive

Transparent squid and apt-cacher on the same box

Hi all

I've got squid 2.6.18-1ubuntu3 on an ubuntu hardy box. This box is the firewall and squid's on there too, running as transparent proxy. I have apt-cacher-ng on a separate box behind the firewall serving package management on the LAN. by streaming from the internet. This works fine.

Previously, I was using apt-cacher (not -ng) on the firewall itself, serving the LAN. This worked fine, too, until I turned squid into transparent. Now I'm getting 403s whenever I try to run `aptitude update` on the firewall. Does anyone have any experience with getting apt-cacher (not -ng) to work on top of a transparent squid box?
Thanks

Dayo