Search squid archive

Re: Squid not accepting username/password

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:16:48 +0300, "ciokan@xxxxxxxxx" <ciokan@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I have a problem which occurs quite often on my server. It works for a
> few hours and then, all of a sudden, it stops accepting my
> credentials. It asks for a username and password, I enter it but it
> asks it again without an error or anything else. Anyone having this
> issue or a fix, hint something?

I expect a configuration problem with timeouts. Your browser, Squid and
the auth systems all cache certain types of credential tests internally for
a period.

What version of Squid and what configuration?
 (auth_param, extrenal_acl_type, acl, and http_access rules in order
please)

Amos