Search squid archive

Squid & Samba & IE8

OS: RHEL 5.3 64 Bit
Squid: squid-2.7.STABLE9
Samba: samba-3.3.12

I have Squid running with NTLM authentication using the Samba Winbind interface along with NTLM_AUTH. In most cases it works correctly. Computers running IE and FF that log into my domain authenticate automatically. Computers that don't log into my domain use BASIC authentication and are prompted for login credentials, and that works fine in most cases. The exception seems to be IE 8. I have a laptop with Win XP SP3 and IE8 which prompts for my username and password and works correctly. I have another Win7 laptop running IE8 that prompts for my login id, but won't accept it UNLESS I type the domain/ first, for example DOMAIN/diggins. That works but I don't want to type the domain in. Any idea why it's doing that?

-Mike