Search squid archive

Re: Squid2-only plugin from Secure Computing

> Their UrlRewriter/Redirector integration should work with both squid
> versions.

Okay, I will try this. Didn't know that they are supporting two ways
of integration.

> The integration that patches Squid-2 obviously won't work with Squid-3,
> and has always been a little muddy as licenses do not allow you to
> distribute such binaries to anyone, not even if the receiver is licensed
> for both Squid&  Smartfilter separately.

Yes, I see your point. Kind of an incompatibility between the two licenses ;-)

Thanks for your help,
Christoph

I'm still interested in Smartfilter for newer Squid versions (v3.0 and
v3.1). It's the best URL filter I know, or do you know any better
software which also would work with Squid?

Their UrlRewriter/Redirector integration should work with both squid
versions.

The integration that patches Squid-2 obviously won't work with Squid-3,
and has always been a little muddy as licenses do not allow you to
distribute such binaries to anyone, not even if the receiver is licensed
for both Squid&  Smartfilter separately.

Regards
Henrik

--
christoph göldi