Search squid archive

Re: Squid smp

Manish RATHI wrote:
Hi,
Is squid a single threaded application or optimized for SMP?

Squid was designed before the days of threading. It has a full event threading model internally, but only uses one thread and one CPU from the OS to do it all.

We have added multi-process SMP support to what will be 3.2. Optimization of the rest of Squid around that new SMP code has yet to be done.

Are there benchmarks available over smp platforms in comparison to
uniprocessor platform?

The Measurement Factory have been working on benchmarking and SMP. Nothing published yet so far as I'm aware.

Amos
--
Please be using