Search squid archive

Re: unable to compile squid-3.1.5 on debian lenny

Zeller, Jan (ID) wrote:
Sorry about this. It's not you.

Our packaging machine has undergone an OS upgrade since the last
releases. Squid now auto-bundles libltdl 2.2.6b which unfortunately
depends on some system headers without detecting their absence cleanly
on systems bundling older LTDL.

LTDL is only needed by eCAP presently, so most will be able to safely
build with an explicit --disable-loadable-modules.

If you do require eCAP try that CPPFLAGS hack mentioned in the other
post by Sean to get LTDL building.

Alternatively people in other projects who have hit this seem to favor
patching their libltdl/ltdl.h to use "" quotes in the #include lines
instead of <> quotes.

Amos
--
Please be using

Great ! Thank you Amos for this in-depth explanation !

FWIW: I've patched the release now. The current daily snapshots should build without this bug.

Amos
--
Please be using