Search squid archive

Re: Windows Service

Timothy Webb wrote:
How do I get squid 3 to run on bootup without having to be connected
to the internet and it looking for a dns online.

I did the Squid -D and it still will not automatically start on bootup
until it is connected to the internet.

Carefully check the config file for settings which are supposed to be given an IP but have a DNS name entered. Things like src or dst ACL with a name which need to be resolved during startup.

Also, try without any helpers configured. The IPC channels in Squid-3 are known to have some issues on Windows. Thus its continuing alpha 'in-development' status.

Amos
--
Please be using