Search squid archive

Re: Request for Guidance from Glos University, UK

Yubraj Sharma Dhakal wrote:
Dear Sirs,

I am doing the Msc dissertation on COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF WEB CACHING
AND CONTENT BLOCKING TECHNIQUES at Gloucestershire University, UK . I
have decided to implement and test SQUID and POLIPO in terms of the
above two features... i.e web caching and content blocking in linux
machine. What would be the best approach to perform this analysis.
Sir, what would you recommend?

 I would like to further analyse THE ARCHITECTURE and ALGORITHM of
these two softwares. Could you please recommend a way to understand
these two features. I have tried my best to get the resources about
them... but they do not demonstrate  their architecture nor the
algorithm.

Wishing to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely Yours
Yubraj Sharma Dhakal

Greetings,

Architecture:
 * not sure about polipo.
* Squid does not have one. At least formally. It's a collection of features designed as miniature state engines thrown onto an event driven * There has recently been an effort to design an architecture which will allow SMP support to be developed properly. You can read the bare bones of it here http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpSupport though since that architecture does not exist yet, I'm doubtful of its use to your project.

Algorithm:
* Several hundred of those currently in Squid. No one of the developers knows them all. * Good luck. I've been flow-charting the main processing pathway for several months now and only just reached what I estimate as the middle. Long ways to go before its really usable.

Amos
--
Please be using