Search squid archive

Re: Youtube -An error occured, please try again later

GIGO . wrote:
Hi henrik,
Right now i don't have my access.log. (will share it with you after the weekend) However let me tell you that after setting the negative_ttl to 0. Apparently the problem was resolved. But i need to be sure about it. Do you think that this had resolved the problem?

Quite probably.

negative_ttl forces Squid to cache and provide ALL clients with the 4xx or 5xx error page for a certain length of time. Even if it was only a temporary issue due to a single client request failure. It's a manually added DoS vulnerability to every Squid which uses it.

It's rarely useful nowdays even for its original purpose of reducing 404 flooding of backend servers.

Amos
--
Please be using