Search squid archive

Re: cache_peer / always_direct / subnet

Andre Weidner wrote:
I searched a while, but could not find a solution for my specific
problem. My local squid (192.168.0.254) queries a parent in a data
centre (192.168.50.1). Our DNS-server only has records for
'localdomain', external domains cannot be resolved. The problem is,
that you have to configure the browser (e.g. "No proxy for" in
Firefox) to bypass the proxy for hosts from localdomain as well as
IP-addresses from our net (192.168.0.0/24) for access to the
intranet. In order to make it easier, I created to ACLs
(local-servers-ip, local-servers-fqdn) and created to 'always_direct'
policies. Now forwarding requests to local servers works well,
without the need to seperately configure the browser. However, if i
request a website (e.g. slashdot.org) it takes about a minute before
the page gets loaded. If i remove the "always_direct allow
local-servers-ip"-directive, everything gets back to normal speed.
Any hints on this one?

The dst ACL type requires Squid to resolve the requested domain IP on each test.

Amos
--
Please be using