Search squid archive

Re: problem 2 squid version 3.1.3 X-Authenticated-User

Gabriele Gabriele wrote:
Hi to all, this is my first time here,
I need an help to configure my
 squid 3.1.3
I show you my problem:
I have 2 squid proxy, one is internal end one is external, the external is cache_peer for the internal. On the internal squid I have the ntlm authentication,

bit hard to understand that text does it mean this?

Client --NTLM--> Proxy 1 --> Proxy 2 --> Internet

So I
 have to pass from the internal to external the client ip source and the
 username of the authenticated user.

By:
"forwarded_for on
follow_x_forwarded_for
 allow all"

... by opening an Extremely unsafe security hole...

in squid.conf I succes to send the Client ip source in the header from internal to external But I'm not able to send by header the "X-Authenticated-User" to the external. ( I hope

Yes. It's an ICAP special header.

X-Authenticathed-User is the right way )
I can't use ICAP, so some

Yes ICAP is not the right technology.

body can help me?
thanks

To pass the client IP securely between the proxies you need to configure this:

Proxy 1 squid.conf:

  forwarded_for on

Proxy 2 squid.conf:

  acl proxy1 src <ip-of-proxy-1>

  follow_x_forwarded-for allow proxy1
  follow_x_forwarded-for deny all

Logging in to two different proxies simultaneously with one action is quite hard.

Instead you can setup the authentication at proxy2 and use the cache_peer login=PASS option at proxy1.

Amos
--
Please be using