Search squid archive

Re: Limiting to 1 IP address / routers?

J. Webster wrote:
Is squid somehow checking the local IP address then? My proxy is a
public proxy so any person accessing it does so with a WAN IP. How
does squid know that it is a different computer accessing it to block
them or is it the ncsa auth that is doing some check? I only want 1
IP to access it but thought that 1 WAN IP might be ok in some cases
to have 2 computers behind it. I don't want someone to give out their
username so that someone else can use that name from another location
(another WAN).

Squid records the IPs which each login credentials are received from.

ACL can be configured to match only when the count of addresses hits a certain number. Or to block login from certain IP ranges.

You really need to read the wiki FAQ about authentication.

Amos
--
Please be using