Search squid archive

Re: Proxy performance monitoring

Ivan . wrote:
thanks

What am I looking for is something more along these lines.

http://www.webperformanceinc.com/library/files/proxy_server_performance.pdf

cheers
Ivan

Oh.

That paper describes requirements for a lab test. The good test software; polygraph etc, have not changed AFAIK so go with those mentioned if you want to.

What your initial email seemed to describe was for monitoring live production installation performance.

Be aware these are very different. Throwing lab data at a production server to a real remote web service is a very quick way to get yourself a huge bandwidth bill and annoyed phone calls.

Amos