Search squid archive

Re: Kerberos Authentication in Relation to Connect ACLs

GIGO . wrote:
I get the following error whenever i try to use squid: (currently i am trying to use it from the AD which is also the KDC for squid to provide authentication.)
Access Denied:
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.
(No pop open for authentication just whenever i try to open any webpage this error)

However i dont think that i have done any settings to prevent users. I am not sure what is happening please guide.Is it something to do with the connect method ACLs.

Only if you somehow used CONNECT.

Did you use the CONNECT method to make the failing request?

acl CONNECT method CONNECT
# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
# Deny request to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports
# Deny request to other than SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
#Allow access from localhost
http_access allow localhost
auth_param negotiate program /usr/libexec/squid/squid_kerb_auth/squid_kerb_auth
auth_param negotiate children 10
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on
acl auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access deny !auth