Search squid archive

Re: R: [squid-users] Squid 2.7 port on Windows scenario

Guido Serassio wrote:
Hi,

From the provided release notes about Windows limitations:

    * DISKD: still needs to be ported
    * WCCP: cannot work because user space GRE support on Windows is missing
    * Transparent Proxy: missing Windows non commercial interception driver
    * Some code sections can make blocking calls.
    * Some external helpers may not work.
    * File Descriptors number hard-limited to 2048.

So, you cannot do transparent proxy on Windows.

Regards

Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l.
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
VMware Professional Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1                10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135               Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx