Search squid archive

Re: E-mails through Squid3.0 problems

SMAIL-GMAIL schrieb:
Hi there,
Thanks for your reply
I don't know how much you read of my post but maybe I need to explain a little bit more

Yes, I did read this post.
The problem is that squid is simply incapable of doing what you are telling us - unless you configure it badly in a lot of ways. Squid cannot really prevent mails from leaving a system. The only possibility is that together with installing squid, you -perhaps inadvertently or through an install script that you used- changed some other aspects of your setup, like configured interfaces, IP addresses, firewall rules etc pp. You can check this easily by comparing the networking settings etc to your last backup before setting up squid. This is a standard suggestion that ois valid for any problem where you suspect a configuration error - go back to the previous state and compare, then redo steps.

JC