Search squid archive

Re: clients -- SSL SQUID -- NON SSL webserver

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
Le Lundi 22 Mars 2010 21:47:05, Guido Marino Lorenzutti a écrit :
Hi people: Im trying to give my clients access to my non ssl
webservers thru my reverse proxies adding ssl support on them.

Like the subject tries to explain:

WAN CLIENTS --- SSL SQUID (443) --- NON SSL webserver (80).

This is the relevant part of the squid.conf:

https_port 22.22.22.22:443 cert=/etc/squid/crazycert.domain.com.crt
key=/etc/squid/crazycert.domain.com.key
defaultsite=crazycert.domain.com vhost
sslflags=VERIFY_CRL_ALL,VERIFY_CRL cafile=/etc/squid/ca.crt
clientca=/etc/squid/ca.crt

"cafile=" option overrides the "clientca=" option and contains a single CA to be checked.

Set clientca= to the file containing the officially accepted global CA certificates. The type used for multiple certificates is a .PEM file if I understand it correctly.

If you have issued the clients with certificates signed by your own custom CA, then add that to the list as well.

I will assume that you know how to do that since you are requiring it.

cache_peer crazycert.domain.com parent 80 0 no-query proxy-only
originserver login=PASS

Im using a self signed certificate and the squid should not allow the
connection if the client does not have a valid key.

When I try to connect I get this error:

2010/03/23 00:39:47| SSL unknown certificate error 3 in
/C=AR/ST=Buenos Aires/L=Ciudad Aut\xF3noma de Buenos Aires/O=Consejo
de la Magistratura de la C.A.B.A./OU=Direcci\xF3n de Inform\xE1tica y
Tecnolog\xEDa/CN=Guido Marino
Lorenzutti/emailAddress=glorenzutti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2010/03/23 00:39:47| clientNegotiateSSL: Error negotiating SSL
connection on FD 12: error:140890B2:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no certificate returned (1/-1)

Any ideas?
I don't think the problem is in the certificates, coz im using them on
an apache working like reverse proxy. But I would prefer having squid
for everything.

Tnxs in advance.

You cant
look for apache fake-ssl mod  to do that

@Luis: What do you mean?

For reverse proxy environments it is possible and easily done AFAIK.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.18