Search squid archive

tcp_outgoing_address binding to wrong address

Hi,
I seem to be running in to a problem with tcp_outgoing_address binding to the incorrect interface address when sending traffic.

I have a private subnet which is not routable which I use squid to reach stuff on. This is on a seperate network interface on the server. Squid also sends other traffic out to the Internet (which seems to work fine).

What I find is that when trying to connect to stuff on the non-routable subnet, it takes two requests from the browser to access it.

I have squid configured with an acl:

acl local_network dst 10.0.0.0/16

and with the tcp_outgoing_address section as follows:

tcp_outgoing_address 10.0.0.254 local_network
tcp_outgoing_address <real ip> !local_network

netstat shows that Squid sends out a SYN but with the wrong source address (uses the real IP) on the first attempt, and this fails as it can't route to that network on that interface. If I re-send the request in the browser (hit enter in address bar), it then sends the request from the correct local IP and subsquently works.

Can anyone suggest what's wrong?

Thanks,

john