Search squid archive

Re: Cancelled downloads

CASALI COMPUTERS - Michele Brodoloni ha scritto:
Hello,
is it possible to stop squid from keep downloading a file when a user stops the download from his browser?
If an user initiates a 1GB of web download and then hits “cancel”, squid doesn’t mind it and continues to download until it finishes, and this is a waste of bandwidth.

Is there a solution for this behavior?

Thanks

Hallo,
I have the same problem here. I have set quick_abort_min and _max to 0 to avoid any (useless, in my situation) download.

But what to do with downloads that have been interrupted before the config change ?

I.e., I have now 5-6 huge iso file that are beign downloaded by squid as leftover from previous interrupted downloads.

Can I tell squid to abort them via some kind of administrative interface (cachemgr doesn't seem to provie such command) or should I go the iptables route ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Marcello Romani