Search squid archive

transparent squid + clamav + https

Hi,

for my exam I want to set up a transparent proxy with http and https under gentoo linux.

The transparent http proxy with clamav ist working very nice, but now i have problems with the implementation of ssl. My first idea was, to break down the encryption at the squid, an then create a new one.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslBump

Is this possible? I think the problem is, that if someone opens an https encrypted website like https://google.de he gets the certificate from the proxy in his browser, not from the webserver. This wouldn`t be so fine..

Do you have any solutions, informations or ideas for this problem?

Thanks, Stefan

PS: I have an secound problem with downloading big files, is it possilbe to send any infos about the download progress to the webbrowser? Like opening an ajax script or something else.