Search squid archive

Squid: reverse proxy security advantages

Dear all, I have a webmail which must be accesed by users from another network.

The content of the webmail is not static obviously, so the content caching is not an advantage here. Also the webmail is just one server, not load balancing is important here.

So are there any security advantage of using a Squid as a reverse proxy in front of my webmail ??? Because I can't see any security benefit...

Thanks a lot

Alejandro