Search squid archive

Re: reverse proxy caching authenticated sites

Nikolaos Pavlidis wrote:
Hello Amos,

Many thanks for your reply first of all,

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 12:10 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
Nikolaos Pavlidis wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks for your response, I have added <meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="public" />
to the template of the site (to be applied on all pages)
and I still get TCP_MISS:FIRST_UP_PARENT unfortunately. Any adive on how
should I proceed would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
It needs to be added to the HTTP protocol headers. Squid does not read the body content of the traffic.

Could you poinr tot any documentation on the subject because I am kind
of confused on how to implement something like that.

Not without details of your CMS, specifically the language it uses to send pages. As I said that depends on the scripting language.

I know PHP needs header("Cache-Control: public"); added to the code of the page doing the authentication.

How to do that depends on the scripting language.

Amos

Kind regards,

Nik

Amos