Search squid archive

Re: Forward Cache not working

This happends too if you have a proxy that asks ntlm username and password?

Ming Fu <fming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

On 01/05/2010 01:28 PM, Mike Makowski wrote:
I understand that authenticated requests are not cache-able unless over
written by     Cache-control: public in server respond.

I am assuming this is true even though the wget header responses above dont
indicate any type of Private or Authenticated session. Is the fact that I am
simply including a username and password in the wget command line enough for
squid to assume this is not a cacheable session?

Yes, any request with Authorization header. The wget will add that header on when you have username and passwd
Since I experimented with the squid caching options to no avail last night
could you please suggest a config file line with full syntax that I can try?
Is it simply "Cache-control: public in server respond"?

Ask the server to put "Cache-Control: public" on the respond header if you have control of it.
Thanks

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Marchywka [mailto:marchywka@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 6:15 AM
To: mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx; crobertson@xxxxxxx; squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Forward Cache not working

To: crobertson@xxxxxxx; squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 22:12:56 -0600

I have attached is a screenshot of WGET header output with the "-S"

option.

LOL, can you just email the text in a plain text email? If I didn't know
better
I'd think someone put you up to this- you often are forced to with GUI
output
from which concise ASCII information can not be extracted.

I see nothing about "private" in the headers so I'm assuming this content
should be getting cached. Yet, each time I run wget and then view the

Squid

access log it shows TCP_MISS on every attempt. I'll try the Ignore Private
parameter in squid just to make sure that isn't the cause.

You can look at ietf spec and grep it for each header key wget returned
( assuming you have an easy way to extract these from your jpg
image that should be quite quick LOL). Text is interoperable, images
require you buy some wget-to-ietf-GUI tool that converts the ietf spec
into the same font as your wget output and looks for blocks of
pixles that are the same ( sorry to beat this to death but it comes
up a lot and creates a lot of problems in other contexts).

Very puzzling.

Mike