Search squid archive

Re: Forced caching?

Roland Roland wrote:
Hello,

I have two questions hope you guys can help me out with...

1. is there a way to force caching of dynamic content? such as facebook.com

Dynamic content is not much different from any other content.
Except ... the old default config for Squid forced non-caching for it. You probably want to turn that off.
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent

Facebook is rather specific in it's non-cachability:
   http://redbot.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F

They specify that all data is:
 - "private" == cannot be stored by Squid, a 'shared' cache.
 - "no-store" == cannot legally be stored on any disk media.
- "no-cache" == cannot legally be stored in temporary form by Internet caches. - "Pragma: no-cache" == old form repeating the above just in case the proxy was a bit old.
 - Expires: mid 1997.

2. how can I prolong caching time for certain domains ?

Convince the domain owner that its a good thing to do.

thanks in advance,

merry belated Christmas and happy new year

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15