Search squid archive

Re: Trying to authenticate a user only once per working day

Mike Marchywka wrote:

Rodrigo Castanheira wrote:
Hi,

I wish to authenticate (NTLM) our users only once per working day:

authenticate_ip_shortcircuit_ttl 8 hours

When the user browses for the first time, he will be authenticated and his
IP will be cached so that, for the next 8 hours, Squid believes that
requests coming from this IP belong to that user. Now comes the tricky part:
if that user logs off and somebody else logs in before those 8 hours expire,
Squid would mistakenly associate the same IP with the previous identity.
Anyway to use cookies here?

Sorry for not thinking of this earlier...

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/manuals/squid_session

The example uses %LOGIN, but any of the available keys are usable.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/

Cookies themselves are not a good choice for middle-ware since each website visited is likely to alter the cookie header. But a combo of others might work just as well.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15