Search squid archive

Re: Don't use ICP at all, don't ask, don't request, do nothing with ICP?

Dale Mahalko wrote:
Our organization uses a centralized ISP 8e6 R3000 proxy that provides
us with CIPA compliance.

Because I don't have access to the ISP's 8e6 log files for our site, I
have been using squid 2.7 STABLE3 as a proxy log / cache for the 8e6
box.

It appears that the latest upgrade of the ISP's 8e6 R3000, installed
yesterday, does not support ICP at all. Before I was able to get squid
to work with the default port of 3130 even though the ISP would not
officially confirm to me that ICP was supported. But now I get
continuous "TCP connection failed" messages with the new R3000 update.

It appears that I cannot stop Squid from making any sort of ICP
request of the parent?

This does not work:
icp_port 0
cache_peer proxy.foo.com  parent 8760 0 originserver no-query
no-digest no-netdb-exchange

Don't use originserver.  That's a reverse proxy configuration.

Also very strange, but when a page access is attempted through the
now-nonfunctional squid cache, a "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" Apache
server default-install page pops up in place of root page access to
any website. For example, http://www.google.com/  comes up looking
like that. The squid's host OS is Ubuntu, and there is no Apache web
server or www directory on the server.

The R3000 runs RHEL. You are passing requests to it as the origin server, not as a parent proxy.

I have looked carefully through the config file and I do not know
where it is pulling up that Red Hat apache webserver page from.

Chris