Search squid archive

Re: filtering based on google search

michael hiatt wrote:
Hi,
Just wondering if there is a way of getting squid to block or allow based on google search results.

That sentence makes no sense to me whatsoever. Can you explain it a bit? What are you intending to get out of it?

I have tried setting two url_regex -i "file/path/goes/here" one for allowed and one for blocked. if
I set http://www.google.com to be allowed then unwanted words can be
searched and their results displayed. Clicking on said results displays
error/blocked page.
If I remove http://www.google.com then I can't search on some words that I want. Example:
I would like to search on "pirates of penzance" but cannot because "pirate" is a keyword in my block list.
Is
there a better way around this? I don't want to (and can't) install
other software like squid-guard and dans guardian. I'm hoping to do
this in squid alone.

You describe a perfectly working URL keyword filter.

 - whitelisting "google.com" ... allows *ALL* of google.com.
- blacklisting *pirate* ... blocks *ALL* mentions of "pirate" in URL (including google lookup URLs, result URLs, etc)

Your choices are:
  * accept the price of keyword filtering URLs.
  * stop using the filter.
* complicate your config further with a set of whitelisted-blacklisted keywords based on other things (like your google.com example).

see FAQ on managing ACLs...
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl

Amos
--