Search squid archive

Re: anonymous proxy

Dear Espoire,

You need 2 things:
1) a robust solution, i.e. a URL filter
2) an internet usage policy: the human resource department should
   communicate to staff to what extend they can use the internet
   access in the office for non-business activities.

There are various URL filters in the market:
a) Bluecoat  (expensive / does not use Squid)
b) McAfee  (expensive / does not use Squid)
c) many others
d) URLfilterDB  (reasonable priced, uses Squid)

Note that I am biased because I represent URLfilterDB.

-Marcus

espoire20 wrote:
Dear all

please if you have a solution about the tools or somthing to add in the
squiGuard can you help me after to stop ther  anonymous proxy i company will
creat a internet usage policy and  communicate this clearly with all staff.

but now i need solution please thank you
Marcus Kool wrote:
There are over 75000 proxy sites and every day new ones appear.
There are numerous Yahoo groups, Google groups and mailing lists
who distribute new proxy sites every day.

Sure, a network admin can make it a full daytime job to
run the race against the clock; block used proxy sites and block
tomorrow the proxy sites that his users used today, or...
evaluate several URL filters.

-Marcus

espoire20 wrote:
OK but what do you mean  2. A simple regex deny for proxy
i have already blocked all outbound HTTP traffic in my routeur Cisco and
allowed just the proxy server and also i installed and configured the
squiGaurd with Blacklist but they can use the anonymous proxy and go to
see
web site blocked

for example for windows we can found bloking tools
http://www.programmez.com/actualites.php?id_actu=2446 but me i need
somthing
in linux
anonymous proxy like : www.Vtunnel.com , http://www.unblockya.com/

I think in squid or linux we have blocking tools that we can use to block
anonymous proxy

many thanks
Babu Chaliyath wrote:
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM, espoire20 <zakariase2002@xxxxxxxx>