Search squid archive

Squid Auth question for machines not belonging to a AD domain

Does anybody know how a Windows client determines the right authentication mechanism ? I have a case where most clients are on a Windows domain and squid_kerb_auth works fine. Now I have clients from visitors which have never been on the domain. Can I send to these clients a list of authentication mechanisms (e.g. Negotiate Digest Basic) ? If so would the client choose always Negotiate with NTLM ?

Thank you
Markus