Search squid archive

sibling peer problems

I'm trying to configure squid to use a sibling cache. The sibling does not use ICP and I have not enabled echo mode.

In my config, I have:

cache_peer           peer-IP   sibling   http-port-#   0   no-query
cache_peer_access    peer-IP   allow all

In this mode, I see no requests being sent to the sibling. Instead, I see squid report in the access_log "TCP-MISS ... DIRECT/...".

If I change the above config from "sibling" to "parent", I see http requests being sent to the peer-IP.

Ideas why squid isn't attempting to leverage the sibling?
Thanks