Search squid archive

Re: Set tcp_outgoing_address to take effect on the cache_peer

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 23:13:55 -0500, Dimitri Syuoul <dsyuoul@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a squid installation on my LAN, it forwards all requests to the
> remote cache_peer. My question is... would there be a way for me to
> specify to the cache_peer that an acl user should use a specific
> tcp_outgoing_address that is bound to that remote box? Id like to be
> able to manage that on my box rather then on the remote one.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Dimitri

No.

You can pass HTTP information to cache_peer's but you cannot force
operating-system actions to occur on that peer.

You will need to configure the cache_peer specifically to act on certain
triggers in the HTTP information (such as X-Forwarded-For or X-Client-IP
headers).

Provided you don't block such information from being passed on by your
Squid the peer will be able to use it.

Amos