Search squid archive

Confused on NTLM Passthrough

I have a situation where I'd like to use squid as a proxy cache in front of another proxy (Scan Safe) that uses NTLM authentication. I've been trying to determine if squid can properly pass through the NTLM authentication. Unfortunately, I'm quite confused as to if this is possible or not. There seems to be ton of conflicting information on this. Basically, I want this:

User (authenticated to AD Domain) --> Squid --> Scan Safe (requiring NTLM auth)

From what I can gather, I think this should work if I setup the cache peer with login=pass, but I'm not sure. Basic auth is NOT allowed, NTLM is required. It also seems that only certain versions of squid properly support NTLM pass through. Is that correct? If so, which versions?

Thanks.

Matt