Search squid archive

Re: Squid stops responding-LTSP and WinXP clients

Avinash Rao wrote:
On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Avinash Rao wrote:
On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Avinash Rao <avinash.aol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
tor 2009-10-01 klockan 11:17 +0530 skrev Avinash Rao:

Were you able to make out anything
The log you sent and the time you said squid stopped responding does not
match up.

Do the log continue like this while Squid is "hung"?

Regards
Henrik

Henrik,

I had changed the debug_options to all, 1 bcoz, the cache.log was
crossed 2GB. Guess thats the reason there's nothing in the cache.log
file. Now, i have do this again, I have enabled debug_options to All,
9.

This is becoming a problem, as squid stops responding everyday and we
are having to restart the service.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Avinash

I have a doubt, setting cache_dir to null /tmp will disable cache.log
or not write anything. But, i have enabled debug_options to All, 9
Nope. cache_dir configures the disk HDD space (cache directory) allocated
for storage of objects.

debug_options and cache_log are the only controls of cache.log.

which is populating cache.log big time and file size grows crazily but
its not rotating the cache.log file. can we configure squid to specify
the size of the cache.log file before it can create gz compressed
files with debug_options set to all, 9?

Thanks
Avinash
Amos
--
Please be using
 Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14

Ok, how do i define the size of cache.log file?

Not possible sorry.

Amos
--
Please be using