Search squid archive

Re: StoreUrlRewrite + url_rewrite_program

pokeman wrote:
Thanks for your prompt response i am using custom url-rewrite script to catch
and save object like same as videocache. the only issue they cannot catch
youtube. the idea store-urlrewrite to save youtube object. one more thing i
am think about that currenlty i have over 500 GB content save in my httpd
server. and squid have only 200 gb cache drives. after implement
store_rewrite we need to add more storage. any other why to save this object
istead of squid save in my httpd server.

Youtube requires special handling. The details are written here:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent/YouTube
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent/YouTube/Discussion

Also note that the fine details change regularly, so even those pages change almost monthly as the interested people find additions and alterations.

Amos

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:
pokeman wrote:
Hello can i use StoreUrlRewrite + url_rewrite_program at the same time ?

Yes. You can use any two directives in squid.conf at the same time. How they interact is another matter.

I'm not sure what the effect on reliability of your cache would be when you actually fetch an object from URL-X and then store it with URL-Z then pass it to the client claiming its URL-Y.

Consider VERY carefully and beware of dragons.

Amos
--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13