Search squid archive

Re: Newbie Question

RoLaNd RoLaNd wrote:
Hi all,

I’m sure this might be considered a newbie question to most of you.

Is there a way that I could limit certain users who bypass a certain quota per day ?

Let me explain. Lets say user A exceeded a previously set allowed quota of 100 MB per day.
I want him to be moved from the default delay pool to a new limited delay pool.
Is it possible?

Yes.

 How can I do it ?

With an external ACL.  See external_acl_type and delay_access for more info.

Another question, I have a huge blacklist that I’d like of squid to block.
Around 10 000 url and domain..
Each time I add it to a test acl/rule it works perfectly. Only desired urls/domains are blocked.
Though when I apply the rule to all users.. Everything gets an access denied error including urls/domains which do not exist in the specified ACL..
Is it a thing with squid that it cannot  check a big file?

It can, but doing so is processor intensive. Separate as much as you can into a dstdomain acl and block on that first. As for why you are having problems, there must be a difference between your test acl/rule pair and your applies-to-users acl/rule pair.

Thanks for your help in advance..

Best,
Roland

Chris