Search squid archive

Re: problems setting up accelerator mode in squid 2.7

Brett Lymn wrote:
I have quite a few squid proxies, they are running a rather old
version of squid (2.5stable6 mostly) so they are well overdue for an
update.  I have built squid 2.7stable5 without problems but have run
into problems when deploying the update.  The machines I am updating
are running as httpd accelerators and as proxies.  I have this working
fine with 2.5 but things break in 2.7 and I am not sure how to fix
it.  In my 2.7 squid.conf I put:

http_port 80 accel vhost
cache_peer server.ip.address.here parent 81 0 no-query originserver

which seems to do mostly the right thing - caching works and fetches
from the accelerated host work but I get errors in the cache.log
saying that the CONNECT method is not supported in accelerator mode.
I couldn't see a way of fixing this error.  Can I make this work or
should I just configure another port to perform caching?

You need to send the normal proxy requests to a different port than the one receiving reverse-proxy (accel) requests.

With current Squid you do that by adding a second http_port entry (3128 should do) and pointing the browser configurations there.

... and double-check your config against this to make sure everything is right:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/BasicAccelerator

Amos
--
Please be using