Search squid archive

Re: Squid Cache...

Jeff Pang wrote:
2009/8/25 Sagar Navalkar <sagar.navalkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I understand the fact that cache in fact helps improve speed!

Please let me know if clearing the squid cache will help in eliminating the corrupted cache files & help to improve the proxy performance.

Squid does it automatically.

How frequently can the squid cache be cleared? And is it advisable to clear the cache frequently or otherwise to improve performance.?

If the cache_dir is very large, for example, the size of it reaches
100G or more, then clearing cache is helpful to performance IMO.

Or maybe just setting the garage high/low watermarks closer together for a smaller chunk of work at disposal time.

I always do:

/path/squid -k shutdown
mv cachedir cachedir.old
mkdir cachedir
chown -R nobody:nobody cachedir
/path/squid -z
/path/squid -D
rm -rf cachedir.old &

But watch the user:group actually match what your Squid uses.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13