Search squid archive

Re: Unsupported method in request '_'

On Aug 13, 2009, at 9:56 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

donovan jeffrey j wrote:
Greetings
I'm seeing this error in cache.log
2009/08/13 09:31:30| clientParseRequestMethod: Unsupported method in request '_' I thought i compiled with enable underscores. So im not sure what is causing this error. Im seeing it in 3.0 stable 18 &16

--enable-underscores affects whether URLs which violate HTTP standards and contain _ in the domain name are accepted and passed around.

METHOD being an underscore may mean some random binary byte was received at the start of the request. We replace them in the log with underscores to prevent bad things happening when the logs are viewed.

Ah ha.

thank you. I'm pretty much extension_method illiterate.

-j