Search squid archive

Re: can't access javascript enable website

Jon Tim wrote:
Hi Squid Support,
I'm using squid squid-2.6.STABLE22-1.fc8 from Fedora 8.
I can use squid and SquidGuard without having any
problems.
But, today, one of the user complaints that she can't
browse http://www.sdf.gov.sg website. I try without using
squid proxty and it works OK.
I look into more about this website and fond in <script
language = "javascript1.2"> in header of the page. I
think it's because of this.
I have enable acl javascript rep_mime_type -i
^application/x-javascript$ and still dones't work yet.

Appreciate any expert's help.

If that is the problem then its probably a browser issue. Squid does not itself care in any way what the content of pages contains. Any problem running javascript is to do with a) the script code being bad, or b) the browser not having the right plugin to run it.

With mime type you probably want to remove the ^ and $ from the regex these days. HTTP has ';q=NNN' attached sometimes now.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.13