Search squid archive

rewriter/redirector question

Hello everyone,

Sometime ago i blocked some popular social network sites. However, some users manage to access those sites using sites like atunnel and others. Since blocking every single proxy site on the web is a invencible task, i chose to teach the users a little funny lesson, like redirecting then to durty porn site in front of the others when they tried to access a known forbidden site, before sending then serious notifications, and stuff like that.

Researching about how to do that, i just created a acl selecting those sites, and my failure url is a html file with a javascript code that sends to another site:

   <!--
   To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
   and open the template in the editor.
   -->
     <head>
       <title></title>
           <script>
               window.location = "<some_site>";
                   </script>
     </head>

Since rewriter/redirector looked to complicated to me at the time, and this was a very efficient solution, i leaved in that way.

The question is: what i'm missing using a "dumb" solucion like this one instead of the rewriter/redirector?
--

*Leonardo de Souza Carneiro*
*Veltrac - Tecnologia em Logística.*