Search squid archive

"moved permanently" loop detection

Would it be possible to add a simple loop detection for "moved permanently" response codes?
We've been hit a couple of times with loops from URLs like http://wwwcache.localtechwire.com/favicon.png.
I know the fix should really go into the browser, but IE is broken and Microsoft won't fix it.
See http://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=357905

I was thinking a simple string compare of the requested URL and the contents of the 'Location:' field.  If the two are the same it's a loop.

Mike Mitchell
SAS Institute Inc.
Mike.Mitchell@xxxxxxx
(919) 531-6793