Search squid archive

Re: Add a prefix/suffix if a domain is not resolved?

Hum, it seems there is a misunderstanding here.
I do not want to always add www. in front of the domain name, I want it tried if it's not already there. Here is the scenario :

I type in "domain".
This does not resolve to anything, so I want Squid to try with ".com" appended, that is try with "domain.com". Only .com is to be tried, not all the possible suffixes. If "domain.com" resolves in DNS, then it stops there and connects to it. If the "domain.com" did not resolve to anything in DNS, then try again with "www." prefixed this time, thus giving "www.domain.com". If that does not resolve either, then stop there.

Now, if I type in "domain.eu", then I don't want it to try with .com appended because there already is an extension. However, if that "domain.eu" does not get DNS resolution, then I want the "www." prefix part to apply. And finally, if I type "sometld.domain.ext", I don't want it to try anything, even if it does not resolve.

I hope this makes it clearer.

Regards
Olivier